Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"Jon & Kate plus eight"



Last night, I watched an episode of Oprah regarding a family of ten. It was aptly entitled 'Jon & Kate plus eight'. It's a feature about a couple, Jon and Kate, who had twins for the first pregnancy and a sextuplet on the second. Although it is not surprising to learn about big families, in the US, it's not at all typical to have this number of children.
When the couple was telling the story about the time when they first found out that they're gonna have six kids in addition to two daughters, it sounded amusing and almost unbelievable, but Kate said it was not funny at all. I cannot imagine how she could raise of her eight kids much less discipline them. I can attest to how difficult it is to take care of even one child as my mother did to my nephew. I admire this couple's strength, especially of the woman of the house. Truly, God gives enough grace to whom He has given monumental task.

2 comments:

UmmeAiman Iqbal said...

Really enjoyed being on your blog.. and peeking into your life.

Michelle said...

Wow, that's a lot of children. I have one 4 year old and that's hard enough. I wish them luck.

 

Made by Lena