Friday, November 14, 2008

Philosophyzing

I found this scribbled in my college notebook:


"The general objective of the handout states: "...The students are expected to learn the basic knowledge of Philosophy as an introduction to one's viewpoint of understanding the purposes of existence effectively." This particularly caught my attention. How can the study of a subject be a way to find out what our life is about? Philosophy is merely founded by men. I don't discount their contribution to the understanding of humanity, but if we are to find out what really we are living for, then we have to ask God because He is our creator. In the same way that only an inventor knows what his invention is for, we can only know the purpose of our existence by asking God. ("All things were created through Him and for Him." - Colossians 1:16)
However, I believe that among the subject's greater significance is for us to be able to acknowledge another person's viewpoints and arguments with a sense of deeper analysis through critical thinking and reasoning.
I therefore look forward to an enjoyable and interesting discussion in the class."


1 comment:

Momgen said...

I am surprise why my Logo is here did i win something or you just grab this...Thanks a lot i will link you up...

 

Made by Lena